Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday and strawberry mentos,

Okay, time to right my first blog post in English, to not exclude all my friends around the globe. So it's another Sunday afternoon here in Kampala. Sitting at Javas with some friends, socializing together in front of our computers. Splendid Splendid.

On friday I had my first "good evening class, good evening Dr, thank you my dear college. My name is Elin I am here to present.."-presentation in class.. It all went well, although I am not used to holding a very formal presentation in front of people I already know, and quite well by now as well.
Well, Well, I just played with my acting skills I guess. I had to compare the Ugandan and Finnish legal systems and how binding human rights are according to the different legal systems we have, and by taking in consideration all the different regional instruments. The lecturer for this class is very nice, so I didn't get criticized much. He isn't like one of the other professors, that comment on everything everybody does and says! "Don't stand like that", "don't hold the paper like that", "You are confident, it is good, but too confident, you bore us" "What is this a funeral? you have to have some sense of humor" I always walk out of this class almost exploding. Not to mention when he mentions his views on homosexuality, and I am not even going to go in to that bit right now..

It smells too good her at Javas, all these fresh buns and cakes.. dangerous. Now, time for coffee, than a film with Sanna and Alvin.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment